Monday, April 18, 2011

Could it be??

                    Spring is here and just look at my garden grow!



Haha! Gotcha!
I know most of you are way too smart to actually think that this was my garden. I'll give 98% of you the benefit of the doubt, but for the other 2%...the thought that you were green with envy over my supposed green thumb(even if it was for 3 milliseconds only) brings a smile to my face.
But seriously...this IS blooming in my garden now:


Lots of tulips and little purple flowers popping out of the ground...which is actually really a big surprise because I did not plant any bulbs last year. Thank you previous owners! Maybe this will negate the fact you left moldy cat poop in the basement. Oh yah..I was supposed to forget about that...oops.
This the mess I cleaned up out of the frontyard gardens so far:
 Last week was so nice I couldn't resist getting out to prune my rosebushes. I've now learned that this is not really a job high on the list of fun things to do in the garden. It would have probably helped if I used long handle shears like suggested...not as many scratches and thorn pricks maybe? oh well...they look much better now and hopefully they still grow and bloom this summer. I used a youtube video on how to prune rosebushes..the guy looked like he knew what he was talking about at least!
Before:
After:

Every gardener needs a pair of rubber boots, right? Well...I have not yet acquired these so off I went in search of rubber boots and found these:

Value Village. $12. Italian leather Gommus boots? Yes, please :)

No comments:

Post a Comment