Monday, March 28, 2011

How to Crochet a Bikini

HA! Don't hold your breath...there is no bikini crocheting pattern here. Likely never will be!
Crocheting is my new addiction. When I found out a friend had learned how to crochet using youtube videos, I knew I had to learn..and I haven't stopped since then. Okay, my area of expertise in crocheting is small...hats, scarf, cowls, flowers. Easy little things..like that crocheted bikini in the book from the library..that's my next project.
JUST KIDDING!
well..maybe I'm not kidding. But if I had one, I wouldn't tell you.
Or show you.
Yes, I know..you're welcome.
Along with the crochet addiction comes a Lens Mills store addiction. I grew up going to the one in Cambridge, downtown Hespeler area. It's in a OLD old factory and seriously, step on the wrong floor board and you'd think the place might come down on you. To make things worse, there is a basement. I use to think only the crazy quilting ladies went down there, but now I know why they do....having an addicting hobby makes you do things hazardous to your health. or life. Thankfully, the yarn is upstairs, not as scary, but the sound of the fans could make you think there is a tornado going on outside so you better stay in the store. That's what I told my husband when I came home two hours late.
The latest finished project is for my soon to be sister-in-law, Brittni. She is super crafty and creative. She can make anything. Seriously. She's even going to college for it. Probably has a crocheted bikini, if not crocheted, then knitted. Brittni has just opened up her own Etsy shop...click here to visit her shop.
When I saw this ball of yarn at Lens Mills I knew it would be made into something for her.


I love this colour!
Project: a cowl. Call me dumb (but not to my face please) but I never knew what a cowl was until this project. I guess it's for keeping your neck warm. Maybe someone who was afraid of being strangled by their scarf designed it. I'm thinking one for each of the kids would be good. For those of you who are dumb as well, here is a picture. (don't laugh.)
Here is the pattern. Just make sure you make the opening big enough for your head to fit through. I wish someone had told me this before I started.
And here is the finished cowl!
Happy Birthday Brittni...you don't have to worry about being strangled anymore!


No comments:

Post a Comment